Following follicles size under sonography during the TSI cycle, then the physician will plan the trigger day according to follicle size. After the trigger, the time of sexual intercourse will be arranged and progesterone support will be supplied to help to get pregnant.
- Age under 30 years old, at least one side of fallopian tubes is patent.
- Pregnancy rate: 8~10 %
- Trial time: 2~3 months
diameter 14mm: middle size follicle
diameter over 17mm: large size follicle
Day 12: Trigger
Trigger on scheduled date according to follicle size. (Ovulation happens in 36~40 hours after trigger)
Mock LH surge
Mock LH surge
Day14: Sexual Intercourse time
Sexual intercourse at a specific time according to the doctor's instructions. Lie down for 30 minutes after intercourse, and put a pillow under the buttocks to make sperms swim up to the uterus easier.
Day 14: progesterone support
Take progesterone medication for 15 days (for endometrial stabilization) according to the doctor's indication. Menstruation will not start during the medication. If bleeding, please come to our clinic or visit the nearby gynaecology clinic as soon as possible.
>progesterone (oral medication): for endometrial stabilization
>Aspirin: promote blood circulation
Day 12: Pregnancy Test
If the menstruation does not start within three days after finishing the medicine, it is recommended to visit the clinic for a pregnancy test; if the menstruation starts, it means that there is no conception.
|Treatment||sonography||trigger injection||progesterone support|
*Prices are for reference only.
- What is the next step if I don't get pregnant after trying Timed Sexual Intercourse (TSI) 2~3 months?
In TSI, time for sexual intercourse is precisely arranged. It is a simple but not scientific treatment. It is difficult for patients who have diminished ovarian reserve, abnormal uterus etc, to get pregnant by TSI.
If still failing after trying TSI 2~3 months, ovarian function test and fallopian tubes function are suggested to be further evaluated and choose more advanced treatment for infertility.
- What is the next step if my follicles don't grow on the day 12 of the menstrual cycle?
The next time to follow the growth of follicles will be arranged according to the doctor's evaluation, and other ovarian function tests might also be arranged.
- What can I do if I am afraid of giving injections by myself?
- Come to our clinic at opening time and we can help you with injections.
- Go to our corporate hospitals or clinics with prescriptions.
- What should I do if bleeding during progesterone intake?
- Brown or pink spotting: Taking medications as prescribed.
- Red spotting: Take 2 utrogestan capsules immediately, and rest on the bed 1~2 hours.
- Bright red bleeding like menstrual period: Progesterone injection or visit our clinic immediately.